Theme coordinator: Henk Eskes, Koninklijk Nederlands Meteorologisch Instituut
This theme coordinates a concerted cross-theme effort to validate the integrated GEMS system during the final year of the project. The main activities are:
- Collection and summary of the validation results already obtained within the other themes. This overview serves as input to define and optimise the remaining validation activities to be carried out, and to identify gaps and overlaps between the activities undertaken within the themes.
- Assessment of the scoring methodology, with a view to harmonising the scoring for the different aspects of the GEMS system.
- Focussed attention on cross-cutting aspects such as transport, and on aspects related to the interaction between the three sub-systems for greenhouse gases, reactive gases and aerosols in the integrated GEMS system.
- Scientific assessment of the results obtained from the retrospective analysis for 2003-3007.
- Summary of conclusions in a final validation document for the combined GEMS system.
A detailed description of the 8 tasks of the VAL project can be found on the internal VAL Pages .